Re: How can I make a complicated Fit.

  • Subject: [mg895] Re: How can I make a complicated Fit.
  • From: rubin at msu.edu (Paul A. Rubin)
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 00:52:55 -0400
  • Apparently-to: mathgroup-send at christensen.cybernetics.net

In article <3mnk54$dse at news0.cybernetics.net>,
   rohe at unitas.or.uni-bonn.de (Andre Rohe) wrote:
->I want to fit (x,y) points to complicated functions like this one:
->
->     c1 * c2^(c3*x^c4 + c5)
->
->How can I do that ?
->
Have you tried the standard package Statistics`NonlinearFit`?

Paul

* Paul A. Rubin                                  Phone: (517) 432-3509   *
* Department of Management                       Fax:   (517) 432-1111   *
* Eli Broad Graduate School of Management        Net:   RUBIN at MSU.EDU    *
* Michigan State University                                              *
* East Lansing, MI  48824-1122  (USA)                                    *
Mathematicians are like Frenchmen:  whenever you say something to them,
they translate it into their own language, and at once it is something
entirely different.                                    J. W. v. GOETHE