OLE in Mma 3.2.3 Windows --- any ideas?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2833] OLE in Mma 3.2.3 Windows --- any ideas?
  • From: mhsmith at hiwaay.net (Matt Smith)
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 1995 03:18:45 -0500

Hey all,

Here's the problem.  I make all of these beautiful plots and graphs in
Mma 3.2.3 for Windows and want to drop them into other aps (CorelDraw,
WordPerfect, etc.)  Sometimes I can cut and paste no problem, but
usually a few things get screwed up, especially any FrameLabels->{}
(the y-axis label rotates 180-degrees!), and the tick marks move
around.

Lots of you must know about this, and the kind folks at Wolfram said
they knew about the OLE problems, but couldn't offer much help.

So, has anyone developed any routines that convert Mma's bastardized
postscript into something useful like a hi-res bitmap (any format) or
that actually correctly converts it to a Windows Metafile?

Alternately, are there updated export filters for Mma 3.2.3?  I
checked that MathSource thing but found nothing.

Anyways, thanks for any help.

Matt Smith
Polarization and Lens Design Laboratory
The University of Alabama in Huntsville