Re: Pasting Mathematica notebooks into Word

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1100] Re: Pasting Mathematica notebooks into Word
  • From: bientin at cli.di.unipi.it (Paolo Bientinesi)
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 1995 22:41:36 -0400

B. Obradovic,office,extension,homephone (B.Obradovic at daresbury.ac.uk) wrote:
: Can somebody help how to copy the Mathematica notebooks into word document ?
: Also I am interested how do you save entire contents of the notebook into another
: file format. I have tried 'save as' option in the file menu, but It would only save
: graphs as postscript or bitmap format.

: Thanks in advance

: Bojan

Pasting notebooks is really easy:
open both Mathematica and Word,
select the entire notebook,
use the function copy,
go into Word in the point in which you want to insert,
use the function Paste-special .... Ta taa, the notebook is there!!

A special care must be for the graphics, especially the tridimensional:
you can export those in several ways:
Bitmap, metafile, postscript.
If you want bitmap or metafile, go to the clipboard
shell of MMA and choose, otherwise you have to select the graphic and
save it as a postscript file. Then go into Word, in the Insert shell,
there select graphic and choose the postscript format,
so the image arrives in the best way it can.

If you need some other information (because of my confusionary
speaking), write me.

Paul Dj.