Re: mathlink.h and math2.1

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3697] Re: mathlink.h and math2.1
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 02:05:35 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <4jvs6n$nt1 at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, veronica at eng.umd.edu
(Veronica Moldoveanu) wrote:

> I want to read a MATLAB file into Mathematica.
> I have the files: mama.m
>                   mama.c
>                   mama.tm
>                   makefile
> But when I try to compile (with cc -o mama\
>                                    -I/usr/local/matlab/extern/include \
>                                    -L/usr/local/matlab/extern/lib/sun4 \
>                                    mama.c mama.tm -lmat -lm
>                           )
> I need the header mathlink.h
>
> 1) Where can I take this file from ?
> 2) At compiling I need also the option -I/usr/local/math2.1/Source/Includes ?
> Where can I take math2.1 from ?
>
> Thanks,Veronica Moldoveanu

The MathLink libraries should be in your Mathematica directory.
(I assume you are working with Mathematica for a Unix system
of some kind.)

The options you use are similar to those in the makefile.

However:

- You use cc and not mcc

- you have not included the option

        -I/usr/local/math2.1/Source/Includes

With cc, you have to tell cc where to find libs and headers that are not
on the standard path.  With the script mcc, all of the extra information
about the location of M- libs and headers that cc needs *should* be taken
care of for you (if installation was done correctly).

You could try using mcc and the same options as in the makefile
or you could just use make.

Without seeing the error message(s), it is not possible to say much
more. If you need further help with this problem I would suggest
that you contact Wolfram Research Technical Support directly
(support at wolfram.com) including full details of your version of
Mathematica.

I hope this helps.

--Ian