Re: No ListPlot points shown

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4082] Re: No ListPlot points shown
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 01:35:39 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <4obenh$na9 at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, "Franz A. Delahan"
<fdelahan at math.uci.edu> wrote:

> I just installed Mathematica 2.2 [for students] in Windows 95.
> The data points of ListPlot are not visible.  If I use the
> PlotJoined option, though, the lines do appear.  Does anyone
> else have this problem?
>
> Franz

This happens because the default PointSize is smaller than
the pixels on your display.

You can use the PlotStyle option to specify a larger point
size (using the PointSize primitive).

In[1]:=
    ListPlot[{1,2,3}, PlotStyle -> PointSize[.05]];

You can also use SetOptions to change the default value
(and if you place the SetOptions command in your init.m
file the default will be changed for every Mathematica
session).

In[2]:=
    SetOptions[ListPlot, PlotStyle -> PointSize[.05]];

In[3]:=
    ListPlot[{1,2,3}];

The Technical Support FAQ area of Wolfram Research's web
site includes a page discussing more possibilities for
changing default PointSize options:

http://www.wolfram.com/support/Graphics/TwoD/ListPlotPointSize/index.html

I hope this helps.

--Ian