Re: No ListPlot points shown

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4082] Re: No ListPlot points shown
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 01:35:39 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <4obenh$na9 at>, "Franz A. Delahan"
<fdelahan at> wrote:

> I just installed Mathematica 2.2 [for students] in Windows 95.
> The data points of ListPlot are not visible.  If I use the
> PlotJoined option, though, the lines do appear.  Does anyone
> else have this problem?
> Franz

This happens because the default PointSize is smaller than
the pixels on your display.

You can use the PlotStyle option to specify a larger point
size (using the PointSize primitive).

    ListPlot[{1,2,3}, PlotStyle -> PointSize[.05]];

You can also use SetOptions to change the default value
(and if you place the SetOptions command in your init.m
file the default will be changed for every Mathematica

    SetOptions[ListPlot, PlotStyle -> PointSize[.05]];

The Technical Support FAQ area of Wolfram Research's web
site includes a page discussing more possibilities for
changing default PointSize options:

I hope this helps.

Ian Collier
Wolfram Research, Inc.
tel:(217) 398-0700   fax:(217) 398-0747    ianc at
Wolfram Research Home Page: