Re: Mathematica 3.0 for Linux?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5188] Re: Mathematica 3.0 for Linux?
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 02:24:00 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Gustav Louw wrote:

> [ Clipped from: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica ]
>
> I was disapointed to see the following in the 'Release Notes for MMA > Version 2.2' for Linux :
>
> 'There is no X Front End for Linux versions of Mathematica'
>
> Does anyone know wheter MMA 3.0 supports X Front end for linux?
> Has anyone used MMA 3.0 under Linux?

Whose release notes were you reading?  This is just plain wrong.  Refer
to the release notes for the current shipping version of Mathematica for
Linux, version 2.2.4.1

http://www.wolfram.com/support/2.2/Reference/ReleaseNotes/Linux.html

A final version of Mathematica for Linux, version 3.0 has not shipped
yet.

--
P.J. Hinton
Technical Support Engineer -- Wolfram Research, Inc.