Re: equ. of 'ls' in 'Context' ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4838] Re: equ. of 'ls' in 'Context' ?
  • From: Mats Cedervall <cederval at isl.stanford.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 01:12:51 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> The next question would now be: is there any possibility
> of getting the information in a object (i.e. a List) ?
> This seems a little bit trickier as Math doesn't give a
> ny output on the Information question :

I don't know if there is any simple solution.
I ended up using the following work-around:

getVariables:=
  With[{stream=OpenTemporary[PageWidth->Infinity],oldurgent=$Urgent},
	$Urgent=stream;
	Information["`*"];
	Close[stream];
	$Urgent=oldurgent;
	ReadList[stream[[1]],String]
  ]

If your operating system doesn't remove temporary files automatically
you have to delete them explicitly before exiting the function.

Mats Cedervall
Information Systems Laboratory
Stanford University

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====