Importing gif, tiff... (etc) as an array

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4810] Importing gif, tiff... (etc) as an array
  • From: Adriano Barenco <barenco at ph.ox.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 01:12:36 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Newsgroup,

apologies if this is a faq. I would like to be able to import in MMA
pictures. Ideally I am looking for a function that reads in a file and
return an Array of integer. The size of the array should match the size
of the picture and the integer could represent the levels of gray of the
corresponding pixel.

Any help appreciated.

Adriano Barenco
barenco at physics.ox.ac.uk