finite fields info
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5854] finite fields info
- From: stanica at acsu.buffalo.edu (Pantelimon Stanica)
- Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 01:30:21 -0500
- Organization: UB
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I would like to compute the function f(x)=Trace(x^(15)) defined on an
extension of degree 8 of a field of char=2, i.e. Z_2. The field of degree 8
could be defined by the polynomial x^8+x^6+x^5+x^4+1 over Z_2.
I would like to write the function as a string of 0,1. Can anyone help?
I would appreciate any input.
Prev by Date:
Re: [msg5755] "hidden" definitions
Next by Date:
3.0 Installation Problem
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: [msg5755] "hidden" definitions
Next by thread:
Re: finite fields info