How to return the position of a multidimensional list ..

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7040] How to return the position of a multidimensional list ..
  • From: cmchung at se.cuhk.edu.hk (Chung Cheong Ming)
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 21:31:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a list of lists (multidimensional array), if for each sublist, I
know the first 2 elements, how to I know the position where this sublist
situates in the list?

eg.  OuterList = {sublist1, sublist2, ...}

I want to find where a sublist situates in the OuterList if I know the
first 2 elements of this sublist.

Joseph