MathGroup/Newsgroup Search Engine

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13630] MathGroup/Newsgroup Search Engine
  • From: steve at smc.vnet.net (Steve Christensen)
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 04:27:29 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Greetings:

I have received a large number of requests for a way to search the
MathGroup/NewsGroup message archives for topics.  Yesterday, I decided
to create a first step in this process.  The web site

http://smc.vnet.net/mathgroupsearch.html

is my attempt at this.  The page will be updated and integrated into a
new MathGroup web site soon.  I am having to rewrite some of the C code
in the search software, but for now, I hope that this will prove
useful.

I would hope that readers will search his database for their answers
before posting to the mailing list and newsgroup.

Steve Christensen
Moderator