Request for help: working with multi-level lists
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg13665] Request for help: working with multi-level lists
- From: kcconnolly at aol.com (KCConnolly)
- Date: 11 Aug 1998 02:24:02 GMT
- Organization: AOL http://www.aol.com
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a list of 10 elements, each of which is a list of three elements
(let's say in each case an integer, a real number, and a string). I am
looking for the most elegant way to select those first-level elements
(i.e., the lists) whose integer element is equal to a particular value
(let's say "1"), and then to obtain the mean of the real number
elements of the lists selected. This seems as if it should be simple,
but everything I try leads to Part specification errors. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.
Prev by Date:
recursive relation problem ?
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: recursive relation problem ?
Next by thread:
Re: Request for help: working with multi-level lists