Hand-shaped cursor??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13680] Hand-shaped cursor??
  • From: Changmock Shin <cs5 at acpub.duke.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 04:39:12 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am using Mathematica 3.0 with Linux.

Sometimes the cursor in the Mathematica notebook becomes a hand-shaped
one. In this case, it works to scroll the page; I can't point the
cursor where I want. And if I click a Input/Output sell to select, all
the Input/Output sells are seleceted.

Why does this happen? How can I turn it into normal shape?

One more question. In mathematica CD ROM, there are 2 kinds of linux
version. One is in /linux directory and the other one is in
/linux-aout. I am using Red Hat 5.1.

What is the differences btn these two linux versions? Which one is right
for me?

Thanks in advance.