Re: Help: Labels in Greek letter in Mathematica Plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13786] Re: Help: Labels in Greek letter in Mathematica Plot
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.cc.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 04:18:13 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Lizhi Ma wrote in message <6rrb2r$1c1 at smc.vnet.net>...

>Can anybody tell me how to label the axes in a Mathematica plot using
>Greek letters, like "alpha", "beta", etc.?
>
>Thanks
>
>Michael

Type the following into an input cell - \[Alphs]... will automaticaly change
into the Greek letters]
Then evaluate.

Plot[x,{x,0,1}, AxesLabel-> {\[Alpha]\[Beta], \[Gamma]\[Delta]}]

Instead of \[Alpha] ... you can use the key seqauence, escape, a,
escape; or paste in from the palette Complete Characters.

More generally, you can type in 2D Mathematical expressions and they
will appear in the graphics. But font size and color changes need a bit
more work.

Allan Hayes
Training and Consulting
Leicester UK