Re: interactive web pages w/ Mathematica

  • To:
  • Subject: [mg10591] Re: interactive web pages w/ Mathematica
  • From: Dr Phillip Kent <>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 04:42:23 -0500

Bill Harbaugh wrote:
> I'm interesting in writing a web page that will take some input, process
> it through Mathematica, and write the results to a web page.  I
> understand this is possible using MathLink.  Has anyone done this, and
> if so do they have a sample of the code they'd be willing to share?

Wolfram Research have some very powerful new code under development. It
is not currently in the public domain.

A very basic MathLink program was developed by Ed Donley - link via

You need to be aware that security is not a simple matter - it is quite
possible for a Mathematica kernel to start issuing dangerous
instructions to its host computer.

 Dr Phillip Kent                  | tel: +44 (0)171 594 8503
 The METRIC Project               | fax: +44 (0)171 594 8517
 Mathematics Department           |
 Imperial College                 |
 London SW7 2BZ, U.K.             |
universe may be a mystery, but it's not a secret -Schneider