Re: Random[Real]: How good is it? Is it better/worse than Park-Miller, etc?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg13132] Re: Random[Real]: How good is it? Is it better/worse than Park-Miller, etc?
- From: zeno at magicnet.net
- Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 03:44:34 -0400
- Organization: MagicNet, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <6nnbbb$5gt at smc.vnet.net>, Oscar Stiffelman <ozzie at cs.stanford.edu> wrote: > Hi, > > How good is the RNG in Mathematica, Random[Real]? > > -- Oscar Stiffelman > Stanford University Computer Science, Masters Program > ozzie at cs.stanford.edu I have heard it passes the 'spectral test (D. Knutth, Seminumerical Algorithms, vol. 2, 1969)'