Re: Mathematica + OLE?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg12798] Re: [mg12769] Mathematica + OLE?
- From: John Fultz <jfultz>
- Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:05:31 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> In the Mathematica 3.0 book it says that Mathematica supports "OLE for > Windows". Does this mean that Mathematica can be called just like any > other object from within an external program (such as an active server > page). If so, do you have to call the mathematica *.exe or does it > come with a *.dll for use in Windows applications? > > Thanks, > Michael Harrison No, it means that Mathematica can serve as an OLE client (container), although it doesn't currently support all the bells and whistles (for example, in-place activation). Mathematica does not presently support OLE Automation, nor can it serve OLE objects. Sincerely, John Fultz jfultz at wolfram.com Front End Group Wolfram Research, Inc.