Re: Mathlink slowdown with Win-NT - in 4.0 resolved?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18100] Re: [mg11266] Mathlink slowdown with Win-NT - in 4.0 resolved?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:26:37 -0400
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
as told in the postings about this problem -- yes.
MathLink is visible faster than in the 3.0 version.
How ever it is always a good advice to make the exchanged
data packets so huge as possible.
hanssen at zeiss.de wrote:
> Hi, all
> In [mg11266] I reported about MathLink slowdown in Mathematica 3.0.x with Win-NT
> (the idle process always came in between, when a transfer via MathLink
> happened. Thus, performance of MathLink functions, which were called
> very often, but required little data, was terribly degraded. It was
> proportional - with a large factor - to the number of calls. In comparison,
> the dependence on the amount of data was almost negligible. I have been
> told, the problem did not arise with Win-95).
> How is the Mathlink-performance in the new revision of Mathematica on
> Win-NT? Did any of you, who already has 4.0, test MathLink-performance?
> A. Hanszen
Prev by Date:
Re: Discrete Fourier Transforms
Next by Date:
Re: Early Results from Mathematica 4.0
Previous by thread:
Re: mathematica 3.0 and Cyrix 200Mhz MediaGX chip
Next by thread:
How to plot more curves on one graph