Re: crystal structure?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19635] Re: crystal structure?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 04:20:47 -0400
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Big Fish wrote: Hi, try MathGL3d at: http://www.mpae.gwdg.de/~kuska/mview3d.html Mathematica Line are expandet automatical to "sticks", Points to spheres. You can save the renered image as EPS bitmap, in various 3d formats (including POVRay and VRML) and as resulution independ smooth shaded PostScript .. Hope that helps Jens > > Hello, > > Is there a painless way to draw a nice, smooth, > ball-and-stick type, preferably with a 3D shading, > crystal or molecular structure using Mathematica? > > Yes: How? > > No: Does anyone know of any Windows or UNIX > software, hopefully freeware but will consider > a reasonably priced commercial one, that will > allow me to do that AND save the resulting file > in postscript format? > > Thanks a lot! > > Ebe