- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20071] Sorting problem
- From: Cheng Tsz Hei <s986001 at mailserv.cuhk.edu.hk>
- Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 03:33:28 -0400
- Organization: Computer Inc. Ltd.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear everybody, Here I have some interesting problem want to share with everyone. The problem is : there are n elements in the arrays and we would like to find the second smallest one in at most n + lgn - 2 comparsion in the worest case. anyone know the answer? Maths