Re: SetDirectory[ ] for Folders on the Mac Desktop?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24791] Re: SetDirectory[ ] for Folders on the Mac Desktop?
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:32:54 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 9 Aug 2000, AES wrote: > How can I SetDiretory[ ] to a folder that's on my Macintosh desktop? > > SetDirectory["myHardDisk:someHardDiskFolder"] works fine. > > SetDirectory["myHardDisk:someDesktopFolder"] doesn't. > > Neither does SetDirectory["myHardDisk:Desktop:someDesktopFolder"]. > > Using the Mac "Get Info" command on someHardDiskFolder or > someDesktopFolder seems to give the same form for either one, i.e. it > doesn't show any explicit "Desktop" aspect in the file path for the > latter case. The path to a folder on the Desktop for a given volume is written as: <volume name>:Desktop Folder:<folder name> The space between "Desktop" and "Folder" is mandatory. -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.