Re: SetDirectory[ ] for Folders on the Mac Desktop?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24776] Re: [mg24759] SetDirectory[ ] for Folders on the Mac Desktop?
  • From: "Tom De Vries" <tdevries at shop.westworld.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:31:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello!

The desktop folder on a Mac is referred to as "Desktop Folder", so  (on my
computer here) the following points to a folder on my desktop...

SetDirectory["Macintosh HD:Desktop Folder:Stuff to sort"]

The following opens a file on my desktop....

NotebookOpen["Macintosh HD:Desktop Folder:grid.nb"]

Hope that helps,

Tom De Vries