Re: Re: ListPlot bug

The first problem raised by Christopher Tong needs some example for me to
understand it.

Now, Timothy Stiles give us an example. I have an old Mac G3 (first ones) and an
old Epson stylus color 600 and I 'm running the 4.0 release of Mathematica. I
tried the code of Tim. I could see 5 points, as expected, no less, no more. The
axes starts at {1,1}, so the first point is at the cross of the axis. It is
difficult to see it with the default size. Is that the top that Tim and
Christopher are speaking about?

The printer gives the same thing: 5 points.

When increasing the size, then the first point shows well at the cross of the
axis. No more point when printing. Always 5 points.

To set things so that that none of the points go on axis it is possible to use
PlotRange as follows:

Show[ListPlot[data, PlotStyle -> AbsolutePointSize[5],
    PlotRange -> {{-1, 10}, {-1, 10}}]]

Mind the way you are using PlotRange. If you set it like  PlotRange->{0,10}, it
means that the y -axis will run from 0 to 10. See "Help Browser > PlotRange". If
you want to give values both to x-axis and y-axis, you should put the right
structure for PlotRange, I mean: {{xmin, xmax}, {ymin, ymax}}

I hope that I understood well the question. But may be my old printer can't follow
the game? May be new material and PC are more inventive?

Jacqueline Zizi