Shading the bounded area in a system of inequalities

When you're given a linear equation subject to constraints how do you
shade the bounded area, set the corner points and find the
minimum/maximum value of the equation using Plot. I tried FilledPlot
but couldn't get that to work( it just spit back my input, without a
plot). Acually, I don't really need to plot, but I'd like to know how
to get the shading to work.
Thanks

_
Thomas Skipper