Mathematica PC to MAC problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24421] Mathematica PC to MAC problems
  • From: "Steven W. Bond" <bond6 at llnl.gov>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 00:58:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Can someone help?  I am mostly MAC illiterate and have copied a
file from my PC to my MAC.  The file appears as filename.nb
I then open mathematica 3.0 and try to open and get an error
"filename.nb could not be opened because application DOS could not be
found"
followed by could not find a translation extension with appropriate
translators.

Probably a simple question for someone?  Any Takers?
thanks in advance
STeven