Re: Equation of a "potato"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24484] Re: Equation of a "potato"
  • From: mend0070 at garnet.tc.umn.edu (Philip C Mendelsohn)
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 01:21:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Kevin J. McCann (Kevin.McCann at jhuapl.edu) wrote:
: I am doing some illustrations for class notes on vector calculus. I
: would be nice to have some drawings for a "random" 3d shape, i.e.
: something that is fairly rounded and regular like a potato, but not as
: simple as a sphere. Any ideas for the an equation that would draw
: something like this?

What about making a ParametricPlot of a Sphere where the radius varies
by a small random coefficient?

I'll see if I can play with this when I get near the computer.

Phil M
--
Lottery:    a tax on people who are bad at math