Re: sending notebooks as attatchments with microsoft OutlookExpress...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23600] Re: sending notebooks as attatchments with microsoft OutlookExpress...
  • From: Eckhard Hennig <hennig at itwm.uni-kl.de>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 02:16:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mark Harder schrieb in Nachricht <8g70uc$it5 at smc.vnet.net>...

>    I have been in contact with Wolfram Tech. Assistance re a problem I
>have been having with one of my notebooks.  In response to their
>request, I made several attempts to attatch a copy of the notebook to
>them via Outlook Express.  All such attempts failed with the result that
>OE could not be opened again without a fatal access denied error
>occuring within a few seconds of launching the browser.

Mark,

my colleagues and I have experienced the same problem. However, we found
this error to be unpredictable, i.e. it does not happen with every notebook.
BTW, in case somebody else has this problem: to get OE up an running again
after such a crash, you must delete the outgoing mail folder files from your
Mail directory (the .mbx and the .idx file!) - and don't try to send the
notebook again ;-)

>This is not an acceptable method for me to send
>notebooks to support repeatedly, however.  I asked Wolfram support if
>they knew anything about this problem, and they did not, so I am
>submitting it here in case anyone can tell me how to avoid this problem.

A simple solution is to compress the notebook using WinZip or some other zip
tool and then send it. This will also save a lot of Internet bandwidth...

-- Eckhard

Dr.-Ing. Eckhard Hennig        mailto:hennig at itwm.uni-kl.de
Institut fuer Techno- und Wirtschaftsmathematik e.V. (ITWM)
Erwin-Schroedinger-Strasse,  67663 Kaiserslautern,  Germany
  Voice: +49-(0)631-205-3126    Fax: +49-(0)631-205-4139
    http://www.itwm.uni-kl.de/as/employees/hennig.html

     ITWM - Makers of Analog Insydes for Mathematica
        http://www.itwm.uni-kl.de/as/products/ai