Associated Legendre Definition
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25613] Associated Legendre Definition
- From: Preben Bohn <pmib at my-deja.com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:04:37 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In Mathematica, the associated Legendre polynomial is defined as P(n,m,x) = (-1)^m (1-x^2)^(m/2) d^m/dx^m (P(n,x)) while in Schaum's Outlines 'Mathematical Handbook of Formulas and tables' it is defined as P(n,m,x) = (1-x^2)^(m/2) d^m/dx^m (P(n,x)) What is true (or doesn't it matter)? Best regards Preben Bohn Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.