Re: Bugs in Abs and Sign !?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25751] Re: Bugs in Abs and Sign !?
- From: "Bill Bertram" <wkb at ansto.gov.au>
- Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 14:42:59 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Brian Higgins <bghiggins at ucdavis.edu> wrote in message news:8smdh4$lcb at smc.vnet.net... > Jack, There is no bug in my opinion. Mathematica is doing pricesly > what you requested. When you use replacement rules it is wise to > carefully examine the FullForm of your expression. Thus > > FullForm[Abs[x^2] ] > > Power[Abs[x], 2] > > Hence > > Abs[x^2] /. Abs[u_] -> fnt[u] > > will give > > Power[ fnt[x] , 2] >