Backtrack

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31848] Backtrack
  • From: Chekad Sarami <csarami at mtu.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 05:56:40 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I hope somebody still working and can help me.I appreciate if you can
help for the following:

1) how can I define {0,1}^n (Cartisian product) in mathematica?
2) How can I define the hamming distance( dist(x,y) or hamming distance
between x,y in {0,1}^n) between codes
3) non-linear code of length n and minimum distace d i a subest C of
{0,1}^n such that dist(x,y)>=d for all x,y in C.

Actually, I am going to use Backtrack Command in mathematica to compute
the maximum number of n-tuples in length n non-linear code of minimum
distance d Denoted by A(n,d). I just want to compute A(8,4).

Many thanks
CHEKAD