Re: Again: Linux font problem

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg32043] Re: Again: Linux font problem
  • From: Harald von der Osten-Woldenburg <hvdosten at>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 03:42:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Thank you very much for your help.

It was possible to overcome the "Actions not found" error, but the
font-problem still exist as soon as I open notebooks (they are not readable).

> > xlsfonts | wc -l responds with "9205" and I have corrected the second
> > line in the file
> To what value did you change the setting?

I was so keen and changed the value from 2000 to 9205

> > I get the Startup Warning:
> > "The front end could not locate a CharacterEncoding file for the
> > requested encoding (ISO10646-1)"
> Rerun the xlsfonts command and redirect the output to a file:
>         xlsfonts > /tmp/outfile.txt
> Pop open this file in your favorite text editor and check to see if there
> are fonts with registry and encoding fields set to ISO10646 and 1
> respectively.

yes, there are a lot of iso10646 fonts included, for example:

and so on...

So I don't understand the error message "...could not locate..."

Thank you again for your help.