coordinates form 3Dplot/Densitygraphics

Dear group

With "Get Graphic Coordinates" we can get the coordinates of any plot.
Is it possible to pass the valuepair displayed in the status line
directly to a function?
This would be very nice for 3D or DenisityPlots:
Get Coordinates gives the {x,y} pair, this is passed directly to a
function which calculates the z value and then prints the {x,y,z}
values in the status line.

How could I pass the coordinates displayed in the status line directly
to a function?

Regards,
Bernd