- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30080] Re: [mg30063] factor
- From: BobHanlon at aol.com
- Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:52:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In a message dated 2001/7/26 1:25:13 AM, norrey_h at hotmail.com writes:
>how can i solve a factor like (x^2 +1+ (1/2)^2) to get an answer (x+1)^2
>by using a mathematica.
>if i use a simplify function,the answer is 1/4 +x +x^2
>so what should i do to get a answer (x+1)^2.
(x^2 +1+ (1/2)^2)
x^2 + 5/4
Its factors would be complex
% == (x-I*Sqrt/2)(x+I*Sqrt/2)//Simplify
(x^2 +x+ (1/2)^2)//Factor
(1/4)*(2*x + 1)^2
(x + 1)^2
(a + x)^2
Chantilly, VA USA
Prev by Date:
PlotLabel Modifies Prolog/Epilog?
Next by Date:
Re: definition of function with several varyables?????
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: