Module Slows Down after First Call?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30090] Module Slows Down after First Call?
- From: aes <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:52:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a moderately complex Module (cell is about half a page long) that sets up 12 coupled linear equations; Solve's these equations for two of the variables in terms of 10 others; and plots that variable vs one of the parameters in the equations. The first time I call this module after opening Mathematica, the plot seems to appear much more quickly than on subsequent calls. Anything I can do or should be looking for to improve this: Clearing all the variables at the start of the module doesn't seem to help.