Re: A tricky equation

Anastasius Moumtzoglou wrote:

> I would be much obliged if you could help me with the following
> equation.
>
> b*k^(-a)-c*k^(-1)=1
>
> Mathematica returns that the above equation is a transcedental one. So,
> I'm thinking of linearization. Do you think there is a way to do it?

I know the problem, afaik mathematica can't solve equations with
variables as exponents.
I had a different problem, it was a system of 4 equations with variables
as exponents, I solved it by dividing one of the equations by another
one. In this case, the exponents disappeared.

Here I don't know what to do :-(

Bye

Erik