Re: MathGL3D: Keep axis when exporting to VRML ?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg29113] Re: MathGL3D: Keep axis when exporting to VRML ?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 05:50:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

> Not in all cases, but in many. From my experience with visualization
> software, I guess the problem is that developers are so happy to
> be able to render polygons that they easily forget about boring stuff
> like text.

That's nonsens. Render Mathematica's Text[] need a copy of the
full typesetting engine to display

correct. But just simple labels like \[Phi] and \[Rho]
need atleast the Mathematica fonts. Until the fonts
are not free available or MathGL3d is distributed with
Mathematica I will not include text. Because distributing
MathGL3d without the fonts, when it need the fonts will
influence the stability of the full program.