Could Mathematica do analysis for turbulence?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg37283] Could Mathematica do analysis for turbulence?
- From: "Shi Jin" <jinzishuai at hotmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 02:31:06 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi there, I am wondering whethering I could use Mathematica to help me study turbulence. The special thing about turbulence is that there is a lot statistics. To make it clear and specific, let's consider an example: to deduce the Reynolds stress equation from N-S equation. I think the key thing is there should be an operator called average to decompose a physical term into a mean and a fluctuate. If Mathematica could do this job well, I would think it is really great. Let me know your comments. Thank you very much. Shi