Re: CounterBox and ValueBox

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43109] Re: [mg42934] CounterBox and ValueBox
  • From: Omega Consulting <info at omegaconsultinggroup.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 04:43:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 01:04 AM 8/5/2003, Oliver Friedrich wrote:
>Hallo,
>
>if I want to setup a footer like "Page xx of yy", xx is CounterBox["Page"]
>but which object stands for yy. Where do I get the number of pages of a
>notebook?
>
>Thank you
>
>Oliver Friedrich

See our ezine on counters:
http://omegaconsultinggroup.com/Services/ezv2i04.html

As you note, there is a Page counter. Just like all counters, there is a 1
argument form (which gives the current counter value) and a 2 argument form
(which gives the counter value at a given CellTag).

So go to the last cell of your notebook and give that a CellTag (say
LastCell). Then, use CounterBox["Page", "LastCell"] in your footer.

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"
http://omegaconsultinggroup.com