Algebra of differential operators
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg39246] Algebra of differential operators
- From: Paolo Zavarise <NOSPAMpaolozavarise at libero.it>
- Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 03:06:47 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I've looked old messages but i don't find a clear answer.
What's the best way (simple, general and without dummy functions) to define
in mathematica 4.2 a differential operator?
For example, how can I evaluate laplacian operator in spherical coordinates
? (without using ad-hoc packages... i want to enter expression of d/dx,
d/dy, d/dz and mathematica must compute (d/dx)^2+(d/dy)^2+(d/dz)^2)
How can i evaluate powers,product etc... of operators ?
Help me, thanks
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Can matrix inversion mod N be automated?
Previous by thread:
Re: spline derivatives
Next by thread:
Re: Algebra of differential operators