I need some help - strange problem with graphic output

Hello!

I get neither an error message nor any graphical visualization at all.
Even for simple examples like:
				Plot[x, {x, 0, 1}]

It only gives me a white empty space (no axes, just nothing).
I installed the same version on other Computers as well and everything
worked perfectly there. Now I´ve done nothing different...
I already tried to reinstall Win98 and Mathematica.

Do anybody of you know this behavior of mathematica 4.0?

hopefully
Martin