- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg39315] Re: [mg39303] Simplify[Abs[x],x<0]]
- From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
- Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 04:41:20 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Almost certainly an oversight. However, if you replace Abs by something
equivalent, things work as they should, e.g:
Simplify[Sqrt[x*Conjugate[x]], x < 0]
Simplify[Sqrt[Im[x]^2 + Re[x]^2], x < 0]
On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 03:07 PM, Uri Zwick wrote:
> Simplify[ Abs[x] , x>0 ] returns x.
> But, Simplify[ Abs[x] , x<0] returns Abs[x], and not -x.
> Why is that?
Prev by Date:
To print and not to print
Next by Date:
Limits: Is there something I'm missing Here?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: