Re: Help: shift+enter doesn't give me any output suddenly!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47641] Re: Help: shift+enter doesn't give me any output suddenly!
  • From: Marcus Stollsteimer <marcus314 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 03:18:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

aerosol wrote:
> I am a beginner. shift+enter doesn't give me any output at notebook
> suddenly! after I restart the program, it doesn't work either.
> thank you!

With network mathematica this happens when no kernel license
is available (in this case, there is *no* error message when you
try to start the kernel from the front end!).

So, in case you *are* using Mathematica with a network license,
try starting the kernel directly from a command line
(type 'math' in a terminal, this should work under linux and windows)
and hope for helpful error messages...

Regards,
Marcus

--
Sometimes the delete key is your greatest friend. -- Steve Martin