NETLink Q: How Create Array of specified Type?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47657] NETLink Q: How Create Array of specified Type?
  • From: "ToolmakerSteve" <ToolmakerSteve at shawstudio.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 03:19:29 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Todd,

NetLink version 1.0 automatically creates arrays of primitive types:

MakeNETObject[ {11, 22, 33} ]
=> NETObject[System.Int32[]]

but I haven't found a way to specify the type of an array,
so I can fill that array with values.

Need to do this, so that I can invoke some advanced methods in CodeDOM,
with parameters of arrays of particular CodeDOM types.

Ironically, I couldn't use Reflection on class Array to work around this,
because to locate the CreateInstance method I needed an array of Types.
A "circular" difficulty!

I can do this:
MakeNETObject[ {GetTypeObject[ LoadNETType[ "System.Type" ] ],
    GetTypeObject[ LoadNETType[ "System.Int32" ] ]} ]

=> NETObject[System.Object[]]

Now how do I turn this into a

NETObject[System.Type[]]

-- ToolmakerSteve