Printing Error Messages to "Messages" Window?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52654] Printing Error Messages to "Messages" Window?
  • From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 04:09:41 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Can I arrange for error messages (things like  NIntegrate::"ploss" : and
more or less any others of this sort) to be printed to the "Messages"
window rather than the notebook that's being evaluated?  (but still with
the usual beep)

I assume that this has something to do with setting the options for
$FrontEnd, but I don't find documentation for terms like
"PrintToConsole" and "PrintToNotebook" that I find when I look at those
options.