Re: Printing Error Messages to "Messages" Window?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg53036] Re: Printing Error Messages to "Messages" Window?
- From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
- Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 05:19:11 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: The University of Western Australia
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <cp3sft$95o$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu> wrote:
> Can I arrange for error messages (things like NIntegrate::"ploss" : and
> more or less any others of this sort) to be printed to the "Messages"
> window rather than the notebook that's being evaluated? (but still with
> the usual beep)
 From the menu
Format | Option Inspector...
 Type in
and hit return.
so that it has
> I assume that this has something to do with setting the options for
> $FrontEnd, but I don't find documentation for terms like
> "PrintToConsole" and "PrintToNotebook" that I find when I look at those
They are explained under the
entry. Try typing
into the input field when
is selected in the HelpBrowser. You can also view (and set) the options
from the command line using commands like
MessageOptions /. Options[$FrontEnd]
Paul Abbott Phone: +61 8 6488 2734
School of Physics, M013 Fax: +61 8 6488 1014
The University of Western Australia (CRICOS Provider No 00126G)
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley WA 6009 mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au
Prev by Date:
Re: All Factors of a number
Next by Date:
Re: Re: finite domains
Previous by thread:
Printing Error Messages to "Messages" Window?
Next by thread:
Error password protecting webMath w/ Tomcat