Re: Printing Error Messages to "Messages" Window?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg53036] Re: Printing Error Messages to "Messages" Window?
- From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
- Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 05:19:11 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: The University of Western Australia
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <cp3sft$95o$1 at smc.vnet.net>, AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu> wrote: > Can I arrange for error messages (things like NIntegrate::"ploss" : and > more or less any others of this sort) to be printed to the "Messages" > window rather than the notebook that's being evaluated? (but still with > the usual beep) Yes.  From the menu Format | Option Inspector...  Type in messag and hit return.  Change "KernelMessageAction" so that it has "PrintToConsole" rather than "PrintToNotebook" > I assume that this has something to do with setting the options for > $FrontEnd, but I don't find documentation for terms like > "PrintToConsole" and "PrintToNotebook" that I find when I look at those > options. They are explained under the "KernelMessageAction" entry. Try typing "K into the input field when Front End is selected in the HelpBrowser. You can also view (and set) the options from the command line using commands like MessageOptions /. Options[$FrontEnd] Cheers, Paul -- Paul Abbott Phone: +61 8 6488 2734 School of Physics, M013 Fax: +61 8 6488 1014 The University of Western Australia (CRICOS Provider No 00126G) 35 Stirling Highway Crawley WA 6009 mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au AUSTRALIA http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul