Re: random numbers?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46237] Re: random numbers?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:16:02 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, read volume II of "The Art of Computer Programming" by Donald Knuth and solve all exerciese with level lower than 60 .. Regards Jens sean kim wrote: > > hello group. > > this is gonna sound silly. > > How do ppl make random number generators? is a random number > generator like a routine that picks a given set of different number > then goes back to the beginning and starts over? > > How does mathematica determine if a numbder is random? or is that > even a right question to ask? > > I just wanted to know what the random generator is. and how it's used > in Mathematica. > > maybe i'm asking alot. > > thanks in advance