Re: Powerset operation: how?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg45615] Re: Powerset operation: how?
- From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 06:05:41 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: The University of Western Australia
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <bu2odb$jf9$1 at smc.vnet.net>, see.address at post.sig wrote: > How should I code efficiently the powerset of a (small) set represented by a > list? > > A search on Wolfram site turned out nothing useful, but I'm quite sure > somebody has done it already. A google search on Powerset and Mathematica turns up useful matches including http://mathworld.wolfram.com/PowerSet.html IIRC, the implementation of powerset was discussed by Ilan Vardi in "Computational Recreations in Mathematica", (Addison-Wesley, 1991). Cheers, Paul -- Paul Abbott Phone: +61 8 9380 2734 School of Physics, M013 Fax: +61 8 9380 1014 The University of Western Australia (CRICOS Provider No 00126G) 35 Stirling Highway Crawley WA 6009 mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au AUSTRALIA http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul