Re: Powerset operation: how?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg45615] Re: Powerset operation: how?
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 06:05:41 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <bu2odb$jf9$1 at>, see.address at post.sig wrote:

> How should I code efficiently the powerset of a (small) set represented by a
> list?
> A search on Wolfram site turned out nothing useful, but I'm quite sure
> somebody has done it already.

A google search on Powerset and Mathematica turns up useful matches

IIRC, the implementation of powerset was discussed by Ilan Vardi in
"Computational Recreations in Mathematica", (Addison-Wesley, 1991).

Paul Abbott                                   Phone: +61 8 9380 2734
School of Physics, M013                         Fax: +61 8 9380 1014
The University of Western Australia      (CRICOS Provider No 00126G)
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley WA 6009                      mailto:paul at