Re: Transpose matrix does not work when MatrixForm is used, why?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg45733] Re: Transpose matrix does not work when MatrixForm is used, why?
- From: drbob at bigfoot.com (Bobby R. Treat)
- Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 03:37:33 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I usually don't want large matrices displayed as matrices; there isn't enough room. And often what MatrixQ deems a matrix ISN'T a matrix -- that is, it depends on how I want to think of it. I decide on a case-by-case basis, and that's what Andrzej's code allows me to do. Bobby Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au> wrote in message news:<buloiq$8i4$1 at smc.vnet.net>... > In article <bu8hup$aou$1 at smc.vnet.net>, > drbob at bigfoot.com (Bobby R. Treat) wrote: > > > I doubt that most of us want ALL rectangular lists displayed as matrices. > > Fine -- but which ones don't you want to be displayed as matrices? And > what is the advantage of keeping them as lists of lists? > > Cheers, > Paul