Re: ctrl-I for italics?

I am using XP and Mathematica 5. Ctrl-b and ctrl-u work fine. These
two show in the menu next to Bold and Underline but there is nothing
next to Italic.

Ctrl-i works fine in other applications but in Mathematica it produces
only a beep.

  It would have been nice to have the ctrl-i for italics. Is there a
way to program it?