Re: proof of formula for log(-t) found in Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48285] Re: proof of formula for log(-t) found in Mathematica?
- From: "Roger L. Bagula" <rlbtftn at netscape.net>
- Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 03:54:33 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
ComplexExpand[Log[-t]]=Log[t^2]/2+I*Arg[-t] No absolute value is given. Roger L. Bagula wrote: > I found this while doing work on complex exponents: > > f(t)=Log[-t]=Log[t^2]/2+I*Arg[-t] > > It is a result built into Mathematica. > I would like to see how it is derived as it seem counter intuitive in > it's results. > Respectfully, > Roger L. Bagula >